Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Winnie the Pooh is a Taoist.

So among other things, I've learned that Winnie the Pooh is a Taoist. There's a book about it, apparently. "The Tao of Pooh". I think I'll buy it soon. -Taoism is a Chinese Philosophy. I learned about it in my Gospel and World Religions class.

I've got a symphony, girls soccer game, hockey game, boomerang club, and quartet concert to attend this week. It'll be rather knarly.

I got a job offer from Autoliv yesterday. I gave them my two-weeks notice last Thursday in order to start working on my thesis project/job. I've got until Tuesday to come up with my answer.

No wife yet.

I need to cut my fingernails.

4 comments:

mammasweet said...

I know you'll make a great-inspired decision. Love, Momma

Janalee said...

Putz, it should be a little obvious but I'll help you out on this one. . . the fingernails probably have something to do with the lack of wife:) Anyhow - let us know when you make the big decision.

Min and Mary said...

I have the book somewhere.

Min and Mary said...

If I remember correctly, "Tao" means "the way" or "the path". From what I have seen and heard, they believe in five things: health, longevity, immortality, wu wei (non-action) and spontaneity. Many of which could be use to describe the Pooh bear. I am glad that you're taking efforts to honor my ancestors. -Min